Beginning Sewing Classes starts with Pillowcase, PJs & 1-Yard Bag
These classes failed to make and will be rescheduled. Please call the store 256-536-5696 and we will call you as soon as it is rescheduled.
S&R Sewing & Vacuum Center Beginning Sewing Classes October 16-Pillowcase, October 23rd is the PJ bottoms & then the 3rd week you make the cutest 1-yard Bag is October 30th. Each class is $30. All classes begin at 5pm. Please try to arrive 15 to 30 minutes ahead of class so set up and gather all of the items you forgot to bring to be ready to begin on time. That way we end on time and are not delaying other’s in class. The 3 classes are designed to be taught in order scheduled to teach things about your sewing machine and about sewing. It is recommended that you take them in order.
EACH WEEK Bring your sewing machine and all the accessories that came with your machine including the foot pedal and cord. These items will be used every week so you may want to buy and build you a box of items to bring each week. In addition bring the items listed below.
EACH WEEK Items we will use in each class and will be worth the investment. S&R stocks all items for your sewing classes and remember, as a class attendee if you purchase supplies from S&R you get a discount on your fabrics and sewing supplies:
- A rotary cutter and mat
- Sewing pins
- Hem gauge
- Edge stitch foot (if you don’t know what it is we’ll help you when you come to class)
- Marking pen, chalk or air/water erase pen
Pillowcase Class We will make a pillowcase! (In the third class we make PJs, if you want to match). You will need all of the items above plus this;
- ¾ yard for body of pillowcase
- 10” fabric for the contrast fabric
- 2” wide fabric for your contrasting trim
- Sewing thread to match your fabrics
Let’s have a Pajama party and make PJ Pants! Everyone is going to be measured so that we learn how to fit you for comfort. There is a lot to learn tonight, so we will have an extra hour of class and you need to be here on time in order to finish in class. We will leave at 8pm sharp finished or not.
- 2½ yards of fabric
- Non-roll elastic
- Sewing thread to match your fabric
- All of the items in the every class list above
The Cutest 1-Yard Bag Fabric amount:
- If you don not want any contrasting on your bag, bring one yard of fabric
- If you want to have contrast on your bag, according to your choice, bring the following amounts:
- Bottom only contrast: 1/3 yard of contrast fabric
- Bottom and straps ½ yard of contrast fabric (there is enough in ½ yard to include your pocket if preferred)
This product hasn't received any reviews yet. Be the first to review this product!